....and I do mean 'cook' and not chef...that would be too much of a stretch....but I digress.It occurred to me that, like most moms, I spend most of my days and half of my nights doing things with one arm. Cooking, cleaning, makeup application, bathroom...well you get the idea. I wonder sometimes, what I might accomplish in a given day with two hands and a fully functioning brain (pregnancy really does rob you of brain cells, you know...and I have 3 kids, so it is a wonder that I can boil water).
Still, though, almost every day since my "displacement" from my 'real' job, I have been drawn to take my one arm and 1/3 of a brain to the kitchen...mixing, baking, rolling, dipping...all in the pursuit of something sweet and (some of the time) kind of cute, too. I could probably be making better use of Anna's nap time...laundry, cleaning, etc...but then I'd miss out on the sweet results. Kind of like life before kids...I had two arms, more brain cells and more disposible income...but boy without those three munchkins there would be a lot less sweet stuff and I'm not talking cake balls, here. Happy Friday, all...make it a sweet one!




No comments:
Post a Comment