Funny thing about making cake pops....there is always a story behind the pop. Not surprising, I guess, as most people that order are celebrating something....a wedding, a birthday, a baby shower. These pops, however, are a little different as the 'story' this time is a little bit my own.When I received a call a little over a week ago asking if I could do cake pops with a logo for a fitness company, my main thought (honestly) was how??? How will I get these done with my other orders? How will I get the logo to look just right? So I did a few demos...try 6....maybe 9. I painted that image, I piped it, I traced it. You get the idea, there were a LOT of copies of that little logo hanging around. The logo seemed familiar, somehow....but then, after you pipe something 150+ times, its going to feel familiar, to say the least....so I thought.
And then, it happened. My Ah-ha moment. I went for a very early morning run and got into my sock drawer (above).....see anything....familiar? Balega!!!! My favorite brand of socks....the only ones I've worn for at least the past 7 years (if you are a runner you MUST get a pair or two of these....pure awesomeness). Many thanks and much success, Balega and the Genesis Agency....they were a blast to make....and now you know the rest of the story.




No comments:
Post a Comment